Building first pc

Jimbo246

Baseband Member
Hi, i live in canada and the biggest online company that i know is ncix.com. they have a sale and it ends on the 27th. I currently have a p2 192 ram and i wanna upgrade to just to go a lil fast so i saw the sale at ncix. For the best budget around 150$ with tax and shipping this is what i have chosen.
I need a new ps so i htought jsut get the cheapest but still alright http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=14109 . i only need about 300watts so i thought a crappy ps wouldnt matter. I am goin with a 2500+sempron http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=15659&promoid=1061 and this mobo which i have never heard of the brand but it is really cheap and the reviews said it was alright http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=13371&promoid=1061 . i am slapping in new 512 samsung 400 ram and my old 9200se pci vid card and old 40 gig samgung hdd. I waqnt to use one of my old fans for intake 1 the ones with the case for side intake and a new master cooler onsale for 5 $(80mm) for the exhaust. I dont know much about any of these parts because i was hoping to upgrade to somthing like a 63bit 3000+ and a dfi lanparty but i cant afford it. I was just wondering if soone can tel me if all this will work because this is my first build p.c but its not from total scratch. If you hav eany questions or conserns i will pose right back quikly cuz the sale end soon.
Thanx

Just make sure the motherboard has the correct socket. It looks like it has socket 754 - make sure the processor is that socket, too.

yes they sure our both s754.

do all hard drives fit new mobos. this hdd isnt that old and its a samsung pin point i think they call it, so those cables match up to the on on the mobo, and also whatt all pluggs into the psu? i know one goes to the mobo (will thta mit my mobo) and i know 1 for hdd and cd-rom and then one for floppy, is that it?

It looks like it'll work. It's certainly not a powerhouse or anything like that, but if you're just looking for a step up, you're going in the right direction.

hahah no powerhouse...its my power house, and im hopoing for it to be better than my parents prebuild one they paid 1100$ for a celeron D 512 ram 80 gig hdd. Thats what i used to play cs on so im hoping this will be amost the same performance that that shatty D. And ya thanx for saying that im goin in the right direction i think ill buy it tomorrow and start my first build which i couldnt be happier for.

Like spank_fusion said, you're going in the right direction of a good step up, but I have one query about your setup. I don't know much about form factors of motherboards but the motgherboard you have chpsen there is a Micro ATX and you're purchasing (from the link you supplied) an ATX case. I don't know if they are compatible, but I would look into it, and maybe step down to a Micro ATX case but you will unfortunately lose a lot of movement of air and increased temperatures. This shouldn't be a HUGE problem as you are only buying a AMD 2500+ and using an old graphics card will produce little heat :)

But it's a great step up from a P2 :D

haha thanx again. I was already aware it was a matx layout but i am putting my trust in a stranger who said his fix perfectly with no prob into his atx so i am hoping!!! it will fit. If not do you know if i can jsut drill new wholes or somthing easy to make it fir or is it a whole nother league?

Well I literally built my PC last week, and I have an ATX motherboard and an ATX case, and when I was screwing in the motherboard to the case, I only saw holes that an ATX motherboard would fit, and no holes for a Micro ATX :( That may just be my case, but as I said before, I'm not that knowledgeable on form factors and if your friend is confident that it will fit, then I'm sure he's right :D

Wish I could help more though.....

hah ano prob, i jsut googles it and the site said you can almost always fit a matx in an atx but not the other way.
and distortion i always look ther too but i am getting almost everything from ncix on sale and for anything under 200 pounds shipping is only 6$ so cant complain and ram is so cheap there its unbelievable but the only thing i think tiger beats it at is cases...but i will double check there right now to c if i can get more bang for the buck

Back
Top Bottom