building difficulty?

blp

Solid State Member
I was going to get a friend to build a PC for me but I am really getting into this and I am thinking about giving it a go for myself. I have no building experience and am 16 years old. I think I would hold off a little bit longer before doing this so I can learn some more about this kinda stuff. What do you guys think?

I think its great. I started out just like you. I had a freind that wanted to build a comp. He was to slow i just searched the internet for tutorials and hints. The first thing i did was get a old comp and mess with that. Remove it and replace it to kinda get the method down. Then i researched parts and terms. There are alot of term and stuff so i would learn them too. Plus its kinda kool to read about that stuff.

same here, i am building my own as well !

go for it, as long as each components is compatible then what ever you do it will work.

well be careful, lol

I have a question about building, Connected to the motherboard at the bottom right are LEDS. They are small tqisted wire thingys that go into your mobo. they are labeled "HDD LED" "SPeaker LED" "Power LED" "Reset LED" etc. DOes the manual of your mobo explain how to plug these in (and where)?

When you buy your motherboard. You should get a wireing diagram. Its a sticker like 512x512. It shows you where you Front side usbports plug into and your HDD led power led, reset, and power. If you don't have one look for it on google. Just search the maker and make of the board.

btw nice sig. Never seen it like that.

Reaper said:
btw nice sig. Never seen it like that.

Lol, Thanks.

Yeah, I thought you'd get some kind of help from your mobo Manual. Just wanted to confirm it, Thanks

i havent started building my own computers as im only 14, but i hope to learn within a few years. Everytime i pick out the parts to my new computer i always watch my dad do it and i understand the basica conscept of it. It really isnt as hard as alot of computer 'newbies' think.

Building a PC is like putting LEGO bricks together. Each piece fits on the next. The HARD part is tuning your PC to optimal settings. Heat, Power consumption, cooling, fan speeds, hardware burnin, etc are the more difficult parts. These are time consuming. Anytime I build a PC for a friend or my family, I always do a very difficult burnin test. THis goes as follows:

Derive 1,800,000,000 digits of pi.

Derive 1,950,000,000 digits of the mathematical variable e.

Run AquaMark 10X.

BurnIn Test 4.0 5X.

PerformanceTest V5.0.

The two derivations are run at the same time. The other tests directly after. I have the derivation tests loop for 36+ hours. If the PC doesn't stand up, then it doesn't survive me (I trash it and rebuild it, possibly with new parts.) This is very EXTREME, and most people don't do this kinda thing. Running a PC at full for 36+ hours is very hard on it, so don't try this unless you are willing to spend extra to replace the parts.

BTW- I CHARGE $300 for the Burnin tests I run, because that covers at least a portion of the replacement parts. If a PC passes these tests, then it will pass any other test you can throw at it.

Back
Top Bottom