Building the Computer. A pain.

Captain Pooka

Daemon Poster
Wow, there are so many little connectors. I got them all put right, I hope :D I have a few problems, however.

The two fans it comes with. They have a little connecter connected to a big connector. I took the big connector off, as there was no big ports on the mother board. The little connects fit!! At least one of them. The other doesn't reach. So I saved that for later.

I put in the PSU. It had a bunch of big connectors coming out in all directions!! and two other cords that branch off into three cords, which are the SATA connectors. Welll..

On the fan, the big connector connected to the little connector is two big things. I female end and a male end. The powersupply only has male ends. So I plugged the two together. I don't know if I can plug a fan to the PSu at all though! I'm waiting on my ram and video card so I can't turn on the computer, but I'm afraid that I'm not supposed to connect the fan to the PSU. But why else would they have matching connectors?

OTHER PROBLEM!

The Tuniq Tower. Horrible.. or me. I think I'm just stupid. The thing comes with like three different bases. They all have screw holes..

ASUS was nice enough to make every thing clip on. I took out the CPU heatsink and that just clips right on the board. But the Tuniq? Nah.. :p I have no idea what to do!!!
Tuniq.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835154001

Mother Board.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131291

PSU.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817703005

Ok, last question.. so far, as I am waiting for other parts.

The PSU. I have a million things coming out of it still. Most of them are those giant 4 pin white connectors I was telling you about.

(edit* Three giant 4pin cords with three connectors coming off of two of the cords, and two coming off of the third and on the end (a third) is a small 4 pin but it looks weird.)

I had that big long one that plugged into the mother board.

And then a white 8 pin (two rows of 4) and

a white 4 pin (two rows of 2) I have this plugged in. then I had

two black 6 pins (two rows of three), One of those six pin, however, has a black two pin connector coming off.

Besides the long, (looked it up) 24 pin, one and the white 4 pin one, I don't know where everything else goes lol. Maybe the CD drive? And what's up with the blue covers? Am I suposed to do something with thpse connectors or what?

PSU.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817703005

Oh, one more :D

The SATA hdd. There is the thing that comes from the PSU that plugs into it, and the SATA that goes from the hdd to the mobo. There is also the little pin thing that has the stopper that determines if it's slave or master or whatever. Nothing plugs into that right? I forget...

Thanks!! If you don't understand anything.. just ask again. I've never actually built a computer...

Oh yeah, was a suposed to take a film thing off of the back of the mother board? :D

I would be great if someone just took each picture and circled where a plug needs to be.. or what needs to be plugged in. :D Little much to ask though..

The big connector is a molex connector, and yes you are allowed to connect the fan adapter to the PSU. The 6 pin connectors on the PSU are power for graphics carsds, the reason one of the 6 pin connectors has two more pins attached is for the newer cars(9800GX2) it requires one 8 pin and one 6 pin connector. And no nothing plugs into the jumper on the SATA hard drive. The only thing that plugs in is the power cord, and the data cord. Good luck with your build. :D

Edit:
Heres a picture of your motherboard with the connectors labeled
8dfa8fad.jpg

The two fans it comes with. They have a little connecter connected to a big connector. I took the big connector off, as there was no big ports on the mother board. The little connects fit!! At least one of them. The other doesn't reach. So I saved that for later.
Little connector:

power_supply_3pin_connector.jpg

This plugs into the motherboard.

if you have an adapter that can convert the 3 pin connector to 4 pin molex, then you can plug the fan into the PSU to power it:

Molex-style-power-connector.jpg

The Tuniq Tower. Horrible.. or me. I think I'm just stupid. The thing comes with like three different bases. They all have screw holes..

ASUS was nice enough to make every thing clip on. I took out the CPU heatsink and that just clips right on the board. But the Tuniq? Nah.. :p I have no idea what to do!!!
Tuniq.

The Tuniq Tower will use AMD's standard clip mounting using this, there will be instructions included as to how to mount it exactly:

TMGA2_clip.jpg

This connector, which comes from your PSU, needs to plug into the 8 pin ATX 12V connector on your motherboard.

psu.8-pin.jpg

The 24 pin also needs to be connected to your motherboard.

The DVD drives and HDDs will need SATA power connectors from the PSU:

sata15pin.jpg

There is also the little pin thing that has the stopper that determines if it's slave or master or whatever. Nothing plugs into that right? I forget...

You won't need a jumper, don't bother with that.

Well thank you!!

But there are no instructions on how to use that clip thingy with the tuniq. I figured that's what I was supposed to use..

Thanks for the pictures!!!

And which one do I plug the fan into? (The big thing on the PSU) Any of them? Or an end one on a wire?

+++++++++++12349173208412

Oh! in that mounting clip picture for the tuniq there is a little lever that you toggle back and forth to tighten (I know this because I took out the OTHER Heatsink that came with the CPU, it had one of these on there.) The tuniq didn't come with that, just two pieces.

I will check the little 4 page instruction booklet it came with again, then I suppose I will google it. It's sitting at my girl friends house because there is a ton more room over there :D

Thanks! again...

ONE MORE THING>

I just took the motherboard out. The back of it is black.. I can't seem to get up any protective sheet.. I don't think there is one on there? I'm not going to put it back in until I get a reply.. I don't know what's up. Is there definitely one on there and should keep trying to get it off?

This TuniQ tower is making me mad. I have the other piece.. there are only two :p The pictures are HORRIBLE. I can't see how they are connecting the second piece to the big piece, which way they are putting the whole thing through the tower, and how they are clipping it. All I have are words that tell me nothing. If I tried to clip it my way it would put an enormous amount of pressure on the CPU its self... the tuniQ and the Cpu would be squished up against each other BIG TIME. Should I just do it? I don't want to break anything.

Wow, thanks. Those pictures are a hell of alot clearer. But I just did it. It doesn't say if your suposed to apply tons of pressure. I dide and it's on there now. Doesn't say to use the thermal compound so I didn't. I didn't use anything except the bracket and the tower it's self and it's on there super tight. I hope it doesn't break :p

Now about those other questions.. if I had them up there.. I don't know. I'm going to put my mobo back in the case.

well if your talking about the thermal paste between the cpu and cpu heatsink. then yes you need the thermal paste between that. not to much or it will squeeze out and get everywhere.

edit you beat me to it but still not to much. and yes sometime you'll see a tape like something pre appiled and it melts itself you you first turn it on. and thats thats

Well crap, I just finished putting everything together. And puting the tuniQ in isn't possible with everything hooked up :p

What happens if I don't use the thermal paste? Don't want to take it apart unless I have to :p

Back
Top Bottom