building a computer for my girlfriend

MAY i suggest amd, i know it sounds ODD saying amd now adays :D JK, heres what i got that i would STRONLY reccomond
athlon 64 x2 3600+ brisbane
1gb A-Data<<JUST TRUST ME!!!!! :)
Biostar 6100 i got a different one but biostar is awesome
get her a big HD 320gb so she can store her Mp3's in high quality
a simple geforce card will do i guess

I'd go with amd too. Some cheap single core will be fine. Then get a mobo with integrated graphics card and 1gb ram. You won't need 2gb for work processing, I don't see the point in spending too much money. You could probably even get a used pc for like $50 and it would be great for "word processing, downloading movies/music, internet."

MAY i suggest amd, i know it sounds ODD saying amd now adays :D JK, heres what i got that i would STRONLY reccomond
athlon 64 x2 3600+ brisbane
1gb A-Data<<JUST TRUST ME!!!!! :)
Biostar 6100 i got a different one but biostar is awesome
get her a big HD 320gb so she can store her Mp3's in high quality
a simple geforce card will do i guess

that cpu is amazing with by erm flat out CRAPPY Ati Radeon 9250 and 1gb a data RAM i can get 30FPS outta COD2 on max settings and for some reason it stays the same on lower settings. i KNOW my video card is only handling about a quarter of all video and physics requests but that 65$ cpu picks up the slack. i could probaly run prime95 in the background without a hickup :D i doubt it really b

I'd recomend AMD for these cheaper builds too, as the X2's are much better than the Pentium D's (And much cooler, meaning less expensive PSU, less fans, smaller power bill) and their far cheaper than the C2D's

Back
Top Bottom