Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-03-2011, 09:35 PM   #1
Beta Member
Default Building computer for multiple Java applications

I am running bots on a java based game harvesting and collecting money, I am unaware of the limiting factor on how many bots I can run, on My friends i7 Hex core 6 gigs dd3 Dominator GT ram with 2 Gtx 285s, we expirence lag when running more than 4 applications at a time, on my computer at the moment I experience a large amount of lag also when running 4 bots. I am running a Anthlon X2 4800+ 2.5ghz with 4 gigs of DDR2 with no video cards

as you can see the systems vary greatly Friends computer runs the bots with very low cpu usage (5% ish) mine runs at 99-100% usage using about 50% ram usage. Based on this I want to say that the limiting factor is the isp however I am not sure.
With that being said I am looking to build a system.
I am aware that intels hyper threading makes thier processors faster than Amd but more cores might be more important in this case, I am looking to run 10 or more applications on one computer, I am gettign 12 gigs of DDR3 1600 ram with a timing of 7-8-7-20.

Do java based games use gpu? witch processor should i go with Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHzor AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition Thuban 3.3GHz
Basicly everything with AMD is cheaper so if it does not make much of a difference that is the way I would like to go, i would like your opinion on witch way I should go, and is there a software that I can use that can test the limiting factor
gingerbeef is offline   Reply With Quote