Is building a computer like this possible?

G9

Daemon Poster
Is building a computer like this possible?
-Fragbox-size chassi
-3.8 intel xeon processor
-4 GB memory
-512 mb graphics card
-5.1 sound card
-liquid cooling

I doubt you could find a Xeon based mobo to fit in that case... Even if you could, why on earth would you want to... They are server based processors, not for gamming and such.

Hmm... server-based... then why is something like Alienware's workstation, the MJ-12, based on Xeon processors? I've been obsessed w/ the best, but if Xeon is unnecessary, I'd like to now why

Eh...well I hear they aren't all that fast, just very stable. I mean I'm sure they are fast, but I doubt the same speed at P4's and such...

Yeah, it's hard to find a XPC sized chassis that will fit a Xeon based mobo in it. Well if you really need a workstation or server, then get the Xeon. If not go with the Pentium 4 or something. The Xeon isn't very good when it comes to gaming apps.

The_Other_One said:
Eh...well I hear they aren't all that fast, just very stable. I mean I'm sure they are fast, but I doubt the same speed at P4's and such...
sorry... P4? I'm a newb :D. my needs are fitting very big flash applications, gaming (Halo played at top quality w/o lag)... so basically, my needs are of those of a developer and a gamer. is it possible to put that kind of stuff (see above for listing) into a laptop chassis?

The Pentium 4 can multitask and handle apps as well as handle games pretty well, so you could take a look at that...as for the Xeon, it's only a stable workstation/sever processor so you don't really need it. I'm sure you can fit a Pentium 4 into a Fragbox sized case. Shuttle has some cases like that called the XPC series. http://sys.us.shuttle.com/Home.aspx

Back
Top Bottom