Building computer for friend!!!

Bobert93

Fully Optimized
Hey guys, Haven't posted here in a while :S
But i know its the best place to come for some computer advice!

Well , im building a cheap computer for my friends dad that is as cheap as possible for basics like email and internet,
this is what i have so far.

Western Digital 160G SATAII 7200 rpm HDD $70.00

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic 32bit $156.00

Corsair 2GB (2x 1GB Kit) Value Select PC-5300 (667MH) $50.00

Intel Celeron Dual Core E1400 2.0GHZ, 800FSB 512KCACHE LGA775 $90.00

Asus GF8400GS 512MB DDR2 PCIE2.0 VGA DVI HDTV HDCP $49.00

XFX nForce 630i / GF7100 Motherboard $90.00

LG H22NS30 SATA 22X+- Super Multi DVD Rewriter Black with Software $29.00

Asus TA982 350NP2.0/USB//80FAN/Black $70.00

Thermaltake 430W ATX PSU with 24 Pin Container $40

comes to a total of $640 AU , is there a cheaper way. would going with AMD be a smarter/cheaper option

if you could use the umart.com.au website that would be great, thx for your help in advanced guys !
is everything there

AMD would allow a savings. This CPU and this motherboard would save you $36 alone. Plus being that e-mail and internet could get away with the integrated graphics, you can scrap the video card and save another $49. You might want to consider using some of those savings and going with 3GB of RAM since that is pretty much optimal for Vista.

ok , ive tryed AMD build, Using the place that I bought my computer from.
wth99h.jpg

ive done it with 3gbs ram, AMD mobo and cpu, no Videocard

And is there anything im missing

Looks like a solid build for the needs. I think the 3GB of RAM will pay off being that you will be using Vista. I have 3GB on my desktop and Vista with an older processor and it smokes. I think you're in good shape.

awesome, you rekon that its all compatible , all parts match up and will work probrly

It should, the only thing I would recommend is to check to see if the motherboard can support 800 MHz RAM, and if it does, upgrade to 800 MHz. That will also increase performance.

I Would only get 2 sticks of 1gb Ram,Not 3.

Also,See if you can get a cheaper ECS Motherboard,that will save you a buit of money,with the same features!

Lastly,Get the CHEAPEST Case you can,it's not that important.

Back
Top Bottom