Building Computer - Which Components?

Chrispy1

Beta member
Hi, this is my first post here, I hope I'm doing this right :)

Ok here goes, I'm quite computer proficient and have decided to buy all the parts and assemble a computer myself. I've looked at various tutorials and guides and stuff of what to buy. What I would like to know, is:
-are all of the parts compatible with each other?
-are there any other parts I need?

I'm sure I need some cooling fans... but not entirely sure which ones...
the case says I can have fans for various areas (such as powersupply.. but I THINK it has a cooling fan built in). And I KNOW that I need a fan for the cpu, but not sure which one :/

I'll provide the titles and PCWORLD links of all the parts I've added to my list. It would be GREATLY APPRECIATED if anybody could check through everything, make sure its compatible and suggest things which I may also need to add. THANKS :D

(I really hope I've posted this in the right place, I'm going to look like a right idiot if it isnt...)

CASE:THERMALTAKE Armor A90 ATX PC Tower Case - Black at cheap prices | PC World

CPU:INTEL Core i5-760 Processor at cheap prices | PC World

MOTHERBOARD:ASUS P7P55D-E Intel P55 ATX Motherboard - LGA1156 Socket at cheap prices | PC World

GRAPHICS CARD:ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 PCI-E Graphics Card - 1GB at cheap prices | PC World

SOUNDCARD:(APPARANTLY, integrated with motherboard?)

MEMORY:PNY PC3-10660 DDR3-1333 DIMM RAM Memory Module - 2GB at cheap prices | PC World

HARDDRIVE: HITACHI Deskstar Internal 3.5" SATA Hard Drive - 1TB at cheap prices | PC World

DVD-DRIVE:LG GH22LS50 Internal SATA Super Multi DVD Rewriter with LightScribe at cheap prices | PC World

Cooling fans...?
any extra cables wires...?

Thanks very much... obviously I'll be here to reply if you need any more information :D

ALSO: forgot to add

POWERSUPPLY: HIGHPOWER 500W ATX Power Supply Unit at cheap prices | PC World

Hi thank you very much, I've posted on a few sites and I got about the same advice

Back
Top Bottom