Building a computer

lostsoul62

Baseband Member
It's been 3 years since I built a computer so I'm lost. I will go with the i5 or i7. So I go to Fry's Electronics and find 4 different i7's and a lot of i5's and then I find a motherboard that will support the i7, SATA3, USB3, & DDR3-2000 for $189 while I am seeing a lot of more expensive motherboards. So I think I should go with the i5-750 but I don't know. I figure I can spend a grand building a computer not counting the monitor but I want 2 hard drive which are the SATA3 (6 gigs) and the USB3 external HD. Boy I hope I know what I'm doing. Any help would be welcome.

Your core building skills should still be going strong. The choices are what's gonna make it tough.

I originally wanted to spec an i5 system for a friend of mine and spend approximately $900 on it. But, in the end, we specced an amazing i7 build for $1100 shipped, including rebates.
There really is a plethora of options and choices you could go with, so it all depends on your needs, your absolute maximum budget (since many people flex on this), and current deals.

An i7 and an Asus P6T motherboard are a great combo, and we used this in my friend's build.

So, wadduya want? :)

Back
Top Bottom