building a computer

Racconist

Baseband Member
yea i wanted to build a desktop computer (first one) (i have some1 that is gonna help me construct it) just i need help picking parts....

budget = $1300

purpose= playing games such as WoW

need everything...case...graphics...and so forth

oh btw i will NOT be overclocking

plz help me...if u cant...well then hit alt+f4 :)

well i mean i will be playing WoW a lot but im not saying like oh only get the minumin processor.... but i will also be editing videos and pictures too...so im guessing ima gonna need a really nice graphic card and processor

well i mean i will be playing WoW a lot but im not saying like oh only get the minumin processor.... but i will also be editing videos and pictures too...so im guessing ima gonna need a really nice graphic card and processor

I know, but if you want Crysis at max or something, that makes a huge difference. Also, I need what resolution you will be playing at.

What level of video editing will you do on it?

well crysis...im not talking like max max thatll cost like 1000 for a graphic card lol... umm if it would be possible i would like to play wow on a highest resolution which is umm 1440x900 24bit color x 24 bit x4 multisampling (its the highest resolution..and im guessing highest resolution = best....but otherwise im pretty much happy with 1024x720 or better.... and umm video editing i take it back (i just asked) and they said they dont want 2 touch my computer ... so focus it on gaming i guess) srry about that
but umm back to the crysis thing...if it would be possible to play say like on high (not max high) without like any tearing or lag..and the highest fps i can get
i mean whatever wont really break the budget but not so its like wow my 2003 graphic card is better then that kind of thing it would be really nice to run crysis on high or very high if possible
srry i cant be all that helpful about this ='[

(just saw the case....and omg that looks sexy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! )

Okay, then nothing too serious on the video editing. The PII build should be good then.

I would go with this card.
MSI R5770 Hawk http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127490&Tpk=5770 hawk $175

Which makes your grand total... $887.

TBH, I would get another monitor, at a higher resolution (This one is epic.) and a 5850 1GB... http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102884&cm_re=5850-_-14-102-884-_-Product for $300.

This makes your total $1302, which is just slightly over budget.

This is also a good monitor. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...0-Index-_-MonitorsLCDFlatPanel-_-24254040-L0I Use promo code EMCYRYX43 to get it for $190.

oh umm i take back the editing on videos and stuff srry about that... (i edited my post) so would u recommend that card on the new edited post ? )

wait thats a graphic card ???? MSI R5770 Hawk .... im guessing the fan is blocking it or something... umm when i put in the graphic card would it be the same as if it was 1 without a fan ?

unforatnly this computer wont be being built for a while (a month or 2) will this stuff still be really good or will there be better stuff for the same price ??? )

Don't worry, light video editing is not a problem on this type of rig. I did not need to change it at all.

Pretty much every gaming card has fans o it nowadays. The R5770 Hawk has one of the best stock coolers out there.

Look at the other options I edited in. Gaming at 1440x900 with such a good rig is kind of a waste. Get 1920x1080 or 1920x1200. I put a couple awesomely overkill monitors in for good measure.

oh yea i know just from what i see through my laptop that is the highest lvl res i can find maybe it will change once i get a real moniter or whatever.... so would that 1 graphic card for 300 like beat the hawk a lot or is it a little difference ???

It is about 60% faster than the R5770 Hawk.

I seriously suggest you consider that 24.6 inch monitor. That's an epic deal. The 28 inch one is also amazing if you want to blow your whole budget. I have three of them, and they are definitely the best monitors I've ever owned.

EDIT: Prices may change a bit in that month or two. :(

Back
Top Bottom