Building computer

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 ($208)
MoBo: Asus P5W (LGA 775) (160)
- I think most of the recently released motherboards come with SLI, the most important thing with motherboards is getting one that fits the CPU.
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.9: 250GB ($75)
- You can get an OEM version of this HDD from newegg for 75 bucks, but be forewarned, it does not come with anything, no wires nothing, just the harddrive.
PSU: CoolMax CP-500T: 500 Watts Power Supply ($50)
- This PSU has 20 Watts less power, but is 60 bucks cheaper and will be enough to handle your computer.
VC: *Leave this for last until we can clear up the confusion with D-X10*
RAM: OCZ Platinum 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2-800 ($120)
- I suggest you call the manufacturer (OCZ) and make sure that this RAM is compatible with Asus motherboards, because some RAM doesnt work that MoBo.
Heatsinker: ThermalRight SI-128 ($50)
- A heatsinker absorbs the heat given off from the CPU and realeases it out.
CPU Fan: Delta Triple Blade High Speed ($16)
- A CPU Fan takes the heat that the heatsinker is absorbing, sucks it out, and shoots it into the case, where the rear case fan will suck it up and spit it out of the case.
Intake Fan: Sanyo Delki San Ace 120mm Fan ($11)
Output Fan: Sanyo Deki San Ace 120mm Fan ($11)
Fan Controller (if need be): Sunbeam Rhobeus Controller
- The purpose of this is to control the speed of the fans inside of the case. The fans that Im advising you to get are powerful, and when working at full speed, are very loud... so you use this to control the speed of the fans.

blazednotburned said:
im sorry i just raelly dont want to mess up or waste money

I can sympathize, Im building a computer for myself for the first time as well. The most important thing is to ask questions - understand what youre getting and what it does.

well im reading a computer gaming mag and this is what it has
which is better

MAGAZINE
Motherboard EVGA nForce4 SLI (133-K8-NF41) $79
CPU Athlon 64 3000+ (Socket 939) $110
Memory 1GB Corsair ValueSelect DDR400 (2x512MB) $78
Graphics card EVGA e-GeForce 7600 GT CO $179
Soundcard Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Value $42
Hard drive Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 160GB $69
Optical drive Pioneer DVR-111DBK DVD±RW DL Burner $45
Case Antec Sonata II (with 450W power supply) $91
TOTAL $693*

YOURS
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 ($208)
MoBo: Asus P5W (LGA 775) (160)
- I think most of the recently released motherboards come with SLI, the most important thing with motherboards is getting one that fits the CPU.
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.9: 250GB ($75)
- You can get an OEM version of this HDD from newegg for 75 bucks, but be forewarned, it does not come with anything, no wires nothing, just the harddrive.
PSU: CoolMax CP-500T: 500 Watts Power Supply ($50)
- This PSU has 20 Watts less power, but is 60 bucks cheaper and will be enough to handle your computer.
VC: *Leave this for last until we can clear up the confusion with D-X10*
RAM: OCZ Platinum 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2-800 ($120)
- I suggest you call the manufacturer (OCZ) and make sure that this RAM is compatible with Asus motherboards, because some RAM doesnt work that MoBo.
Heatsinker: ThermalRight SI-128 ($50)
- A heatsinker absorbs the heat given off from the CPU and realeases it out.
CPU Fan: Delta Triple Blade High Speed ($16)
- A CPU Fan takes the heat that the heatsinker is absorbing, sucks it out, and shoots it into the case, where the rear case fan will suck it up and spit it out of the case.
Intake Fan: Sanyo Delki San Ace 120mm Fan ($11)
Output Fan: Sanyo Deki San Ace 120mm Fan ($11)
Fan Controller (if need be): Sunbeam Rhobeus Controller
- The purpose of this is to control the speed of the fans inside of the case. The fans that Im advising you to get are powerful, and when working at full speed, are very loud... so you use this to control the speed of the fans.

The main difference between the 2 is the CPU, Mobo and RAM... and the setup I listed is tons better. Im suggesting a computer with longevity... something that wont be considered slow or outdated within a year or 2.

I agree with Aecliptic. The pc with the Intel 2 Core Duo setup, will last a lot longer than the one with the 3000+.

ok just to point out a few things,
none of the cards on the market right now support directx10, SO the reason why i picked the 7600gt is that it is cheap and good enough to keep your games running till directx10 cards are both available and work well with games.

the system you posted from the magazine sucks compares to the core 2 duo system.

there are NO core 2 duo motherboards that support SLI right now, because nvidia has not released its 590 chipset for Intel core 2 duo platforms, so if you're looking to buy an sli system keep waiting. nvidia has not completely released their new chipset which supports sli.

case fans cost like $10 and you can grab them at any local computer shop, its not a big deal, i dont think you need to spend money on a heatsink right now. sure it would be better, but then water cooling would be good too.

you can get a $50 power supply, but then that is exactly what you're going to get. Companies such as OCZ, Enermax, Antec, and Pc power & cooling are known for making RELIABLE power supplies, that is why they do not have 500 watt $50 psus like other companies.

Back
Top Bottom