Beta member
ok, im thinking about building and buying this computer for roughly 2.2k

Athlon Fx53
1 GB corsair RAM
80 gigabyte Hd
latest radeon card, dont know which it is
19 inch crt moniter view sonic i think
etc, etc.

This would be the first computer i build and i wondering: Am I capable of starting out with this high powered system?
Another question: If the case i buy comes with 4 fans, do i still need to add fans to the cpu and graphics card? (i will not OC, as i dont know how)?
Yeah im a newb

Also, anyone know of a step- by - step guide to building one, for a complete newb?

Blonko said:
ok, im thinking about building and buying this computer for roughly 2.2k

Athlon Fx53
1 GB corsair RAM
80 gigabyte Hd
latest radeon card, dont know which it is
19 inch crt moniter view sonic i think
etc, etc.

This would be the first computer i build and i wondering: Am I capable of starting out with this high powered system?
Another question: If the case i buy comes with 4 fans, do i still need to add fans to the cpu and graphics card? (i will not OC, as i dont know how)?
Yeah im a newb

Also, anyone know of a step- by - step guide to building one, for a complete newb?
First,what is 2.2k ?
Step by step yes i do.
Start with at least what is known as an upgrade package.Case/pws,motherboard and cpu that is compatible.
Then go from there,but be sure you have a mbd manual and cd.
2.Read the manual,
3.Then add video card,hardrive and Windows.
4..Install what the mbd manual suggests
Don't get any internal audio or video,but it's up to you.
This is just my opinion,but everything has always worked for me this way.
:D
Quote :
Yeah im a newb
============
Yes i've heard that before,only to get an insullting reply like
You don't make since.
So you decide.Don't follow this,then at least post about why you should have later. :eek:

yeah listen to iamroot about the upgradingandrepairingpc.com he told me to go there cuz im working on my comp and i got it up and running now! only a couple of things that site doesnt cover.

do u know of any good books to pick up? i might need to find one as well just for better reference as no one is hardly on here. lol

maverickiv said:
do u know of any good books to pick up? i might need to find one as well just for better reference as no one is hardly on here. lol
It's already posted here by iamroot,how did you miss it ?
hardly on , on "what" ?
;) lol
:eek:

I certainly think you are capable of starting out with a high powered computer. Here are my specs for my new computer, and it is this first one I am buying also!

Case: Antec Plus View 1000 AMG
Mobo: Still deciding, prob. Asus KV8 Deluxe
Proccessor: AMD 64 3400
RAM: 2 512 Corsair
Hard Drive: 2 36k Western Digital Raptor's in RAID 0
CD-RW: Lite On
Sound Card: Audigy 2ZS
Video Card: nVidia 6800 Ultra
Speakers: Logitech Z-680 (Once I get the money)
Moniter: Planar P1700 17" flat screen (something like that, once I get the money)
Other Crap: Enermax Multi function panel
Thermaltake 480 wt. Power supply
Thermal Grease
Extra Case fans
Case light
Thermaltake CPU cooler
Rounded Cables
* Odering from http://www.monarchcomputer.com

Also the latest card from ATI would be the X800 XT or X800 XT PE (Platinum Edition)

Yeah, its easy enough to start off on a highpowered system as long as nothing seriously bad goes wrong. Start up the Motherboard on an Anti-Static Mat or something before you put it in (not fun to put in or to take out; so best to only do it once) without anything connected except Power.

But beyond that, good luck with it.

Back
Top Bottom