building a computer

i cant type fdisk though, because after it says no os system i cant type anything.

MrEd said:
i cant type fdisk though, because after it says no os system i cant type anything.

You should be able to type it in before you get to that screen. You do have your boot disk in? As you should be coming to a screen with A:/ and you can type something in, this is where you type it
:confused:

i did just notice something it says floppy disk failed so that must be it, it isnt regonizing the drive i guess the light on the drive is on though, i thought i checked the drive and looked ok, but il check it again.

MrEd said:
i did just notice something it says floppy disk failed so that must be it, it isnt regonizing the drive i guess the light on the drive is on though, i thought i checked the drive and looked ok, but il check it again.

Check all the cables, they might have became detached :confused:

well i solved that problem, it was a bad cable to the floppy i guess it was working before though with the old cable. Took me a few days to get a operating system that worked my orginal one didnt, so i just bought xp today. and well im having another issue. i select the partition to install and then it has choices, quick format, format, or leave partition as is. anyone i click after it finishs it says:

The following value in the .sif file used by setup is corrupted or missing.

Value 0 on the line in section [SourceDiskFiles] with key "Spl.cab."

Setup can not continue to qui setup, press F3.

ive tried everything i can think of and i still get this error, i got a differnt one acouples times but forgot what it was.

i got it everything is up and working, :) although i dont realy know how i solved my last problem. thanks for all the help, the only thing i think i may need to buy now is something to cool my video luckly they dont cost much. thanks again. :D

Back
Top Bottom