The building begins

~K-Pow~

Daemon Poster
What is the best place to start when building a computer, would it be getting a motherboard then getting the video card and stuff. Or getting the video card and stuff like RAM and Harddrives and getting a motherboard to fit them?

This comp will probably be used mostly for gaming!!

I was going to put a cap on it of abot $2000 so i guess not more then that hopefully i can something good for that price. Thanks for the link i will read it more when i have time. And if i get stuck i won't hesitate to ask for help.

YOu can get a lot for $2000. This comp:

psu:Antec TRUEPOWERII TPII-550 550W Power Supply - Retail

$84.99

case: ASPIRE X-CRUISE -BK Black Computer Case With Side Panel Window - Retail

$69.00

Cpu: AMD Athlon 64 4000+ 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Processor - Retail

$334.00

Hd: Western Digital Caviar RE 250GB 3.5" Serial ATA150 Hard Drive - OEM

$105.00

Cooling: ZALMAN CNPS7700-CU 120mm 2 Ball Cooling Fan with Copper Heatsink - Retail

$49.99

Ram: GeIL Value 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Dual Channel Kit System Memory - Retail

$169.93

Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-K8N Pro-SLI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

$102.00

dvd drive: PLEXTOR Black IDE DVD Burner Model PX-740A/SW-BL - Retail

$59.99

vid.card: eVGA Geforce 7800GTX 256-P2-N525-AX Video Card - Retail

$439.00

sound card: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS SB0350 Sound Card - OEM

$75.00

Total: $1489.41

is nice. And under $1500.

That looks like a pretty kick butt system. I am going to look into those parts thanks for all the help jac006.

I don't see what the big deal is getting a really expensive power supply, I have a 'crappy' stock supply and it does it's purpose fine. What do the expensive ones do that stock don't? Sing?

A lot actually... better build, better quality parts, better electricity output, etc. You don't notice until something actually happens or you inspect meticulously each part. It depends.

Someone should invent a singing powersupply or a singing fan that would be cool i think. :p patent pending... :D

Nice computer, I paid about that for mine.. And damn that thing would F*cking own mine!

Back
Top Bottom