Is building always better

The Power

Daemon Poster
Guys...Do you really think making your own computer is always cheaper then buying one. I disagree. Sometimes computers can be cheaper then buying one. I got an hp Media center os wit a tv tuner,amd 3200, 1gig ram, 160gb hard drive, ati radeon xpress 200 (not good i know)
But..Recently i went to circuit city and i saw an hp media center computer amd 3700, 1gig ram, 200gb hard drive for 623 :( So do you think making is always better??

Making is only better if you know what you're doing and you want the MOST for your money. Take gaming machines, and utility machines. I say build 'em, so you can put in EXACTLY what you want. Computers should be tailored to fit the user, in that case..., not just taken out of a one size fits all box.

For cheaper computers building is not always better but for more expensive computers its better. About that copmuter it is so cheap because they always use lower end components. Like the processor is probably socket754, also the hard drive is most likely IDE not SATA. So it sounds like a good deal but it really isnt

It depends on the price. Some cheap computers might be cheaper when buying them, but the good gaming pc's will always be cheaper to build yourself.

Depend on what you want. If you are looking for a fast machine, go custom. Hell of a lot cheaper than buying a pre-configured Alienware or any one of those PCs. If you are budget conscious and still want a nice PC, buy a prebuilt system and configure to your taste like Dell. Other than that, there's Compaq, HP, Gateway, Sony, eMachines, etc.

I agree building IS normally better. However for office computers then somtimes buying is better. Personnally its a pride thing for me. Every computer I use I want to BUILD. In fact I got my first customer yesterday. He asked me why he shouldn't buy it somewhere else I said because custom builds are suited FOR YOU not everyone esle. Also its really easy to do.

Back
Top Bottom