Build your own PC Guide

Steven11

BSOD
What you will need:

A case; motherboard; Graphics card; sound card; PSU; processor; RAM; Hard disk drive; CD drive; Floppy disk drive.

Lets go now:

First we will need to put in our PSU, as this is the easiest thing to do and it helps when nothing else is in the case, what you will need is to get a screwdriver to fit the installation screws, now you will need to find the PSU bay, usually at the top of the case. This is easier to do when your case is on its side. Once you have slot the PSU in place insert the screws, now you have done this we can go onto the next thing, the motherboard.

Now we need to insert the motherboard. You will be supplied with screws to hold your motherboard in place so you will need to collect a screwdriver that will fit these. For the next part we recommend that you have an anti-static wrist band. Now you will need to insert your little metal plate that came with your motherboard. This will go where the ports would go on the back of the case. There may already be a metal plate in their from when your case was made but just push this out slowly with your hands. Next pick up your motherboard and align it with the way that it will fit into your case, lower the motherboard until it is resting in the place it needs to go. Now take the screws and put the little red washers on them. Drive all the screw into the holes. You may notice that some will not go in, don't worry but make sure that you have some around the edge in place and some in the center. Connect you PSU to your motherboard with the 20 pin connector.

The next thing you will need to connect any front panel USB/audio ports to the motherboard. Please refer to your motherboard and case manual on how to do this as there is to many motherboard for me to cover
Next we will do the graphics card, which would usually connect to a spare Pci slot but the more modern ones connect to an AGP slot. Insert your graphics card into the correct slot and insert the screw to secure this. Also in this step we will cover graphics cards so you should do the same as before but enter the sound card into a PCI slot. You may have to connect a little lead from this to the CD-ROM drive so I will cover this later.
We are now going to insert the Hard Drive. Put the hard drive in one of the 3.5 inch internal bays and secure with the screws provided. If this is you main hard drive you will need to set the jumpers as master, you may need to refer to manual for instructions on how to do this. Supplied with you motherboard should be a ribbon cable. Connect this to the ide_1 socket on your motherboard.

Please read next post

Now we will insert the CD-ROM drive, this can also be a cd-rw or another drive, Place the drive into the correct slots inside the case and you will have to remove on of the blanker plates. Plug the correct cable into this drive and connect it to the ide_2 socket on your motherboard.

After you have done all this we will put in the floppy disk drive. To do this insert it into the 3.5inch drive bay that has a blanking plate on the front, and connect the floppy drive cable to this and the motherboard. Now remove the blanking plate and push the drive forwards until it is level with the front of the case and insert the four securing screws.

Now the fun part, inserting the CPU and RAM. We will do the CPU. To do this you will need to find the CPU socket on the motherboard and lift the little lever up 90° upright. Now line the processor up and slowly insert it into the pinholes. Once this is securely in, put the lever back down and consult you CPU instructions on how to fit your heatsink.

Next we will do the RAM. You will have to consult your motherboard manual on instructions on how to do this.

Now don't put the case back on yet, connect all the wires and fire up your computer. If the speed of your processor appears on screen and the amount of RAM you have, congratulations.

All you will need to do know is install windows.
steven11

Sorry it was too long for 1 post

Hello, if you dont get this sorry, it doesnt all fit on one post it said i have to split into 2 posts

or you could just see the guide on my website ;)

I'm going to ask the other mods and the admin about this. But in the mean time I took it down. If they think it's ok for you to have the link up here, I'll find you and you can put it back up.

you must remove that link now you can only post your site in the advetising section, a mod will remove it.

smurkey said:
or you could just see the guide on my website ;)

I'm going to ask the other mods and the admin about this. But in the mean time I took it down. If they think it's ok for you to have the link up here, I'll find you and you can put it back up.

ok sorry didn't realise :/

well... that would help total noobs, but most people that access the forum know how to build a computer. Helpful info though.

yeh but people do join asking what they need to do so i thought thsis should be stickied to stop this.

Back
Top Bottom