Build vs. Buy HELP

KMerlet

Beta member
I am looking into getting a new computer. I am torn between either buying one or building one. I am looking for a computer that will last (i know its hard). Well, at least last a good amount of years. I will be using my computer for a number of things (school work, editing, recording, internet, etc).
It's been 50/50! Half of everyone says BUY half say BUILD. I dont know. Will someone give me some insight into what I should do.
(keep in mind I will not be building it myself).

Thanx

I say build i have a comp almost 3 years old now and it is HL2 and Doom 3 ready. Without any upgrading.

it doesn't look like he is gonna be doing any extreme gaming or anything, so he can just make a cheap computers, cuz nowa days all comps you BUY come game ready, so save some money and build a computer that will fit what you do

buying is easier to start, but its expensive cuz of labor costs. building is more fun, you learn alot, and its way cheaper. i recommend building, cuz then you can buy the nessasary parts for what you need. and they usually would be parts from reputable compaines. and the thing that sucks is that some companies like dell and hp give you a recovery disk to reboot from and it usually erases all your hard work and time. but if you buy the os yourself you can use the original disk to boot from...:D

Back
Top Bottom