Build Sentiments

akira282

In Runtime
Hey all, I posted a while back about building my first comp. Well, things are going pretty smoothly. One question I have is if the psu fan is suppose to be spinning fast or not? It appears it that it spins at a decent speed but isn't doing anything significant in regard to pushing air.

These are my final build stats: I'm still waiting on the video card and the OS in the mail.

Processor: i7 920 2.66ghz
RAM: G.Skill 3X2 1333mhz 7-7-7-18
PSU: OCZ 700watt modular
Video Card: GTX 260 EVGA (216)
Mobo: ASUS Deluxe V2
HD: Samsung 640 gigs 32 cache
ODD: Samsung DVD burner
Case: Antec 902
Heatsink: Coolermaster V8

I applied arctic silver 5 but I'm kind of worried that i didn't apply enough. I used the "line" method, and I heard it's better to apply less than more. Not sure if that will become a problem or not. Any ideas?

The fans in many PSUs are thermally controlled. They vary the speed according to the temperature and cooling needed.

Looks like a very nice build. From you're description, I think you'll be fine with your thermal paste application. Once it's up and running you'll know for sure.

:D So, I was able to start it up without the vga card. It seemed fine, and actually pretty cool, both meanings of the word. If I didn't apply too much thermal paste I'm going to be upset because it is a "major" hassle to fix as I will have to take out the motherboard because of the particular heatsink. I'm hoping for idle temps in the 30s celsius, hopefully lower

Back
Top Bottom