Build problem?

Alright last night I decided to put together my new build. I hooked everything up and plugged it in to run my first test. When I turn it on the motherboard beeps to confirm its on and working. Its a ASUS p5n32 premium board. Now here is the problem i'm getting no image on my monitors. So I know its a issue with the video card. The video card is a HIS Radeon X-1650 PRO 512mb DDR3 card. The cards fan and light turns on. However my question is there a plug I missed that powers the card? I'm just assuming the the video card is drawing some power from the motherboard enough to make the fan and light turn on. I've got a raidmax 630watt psu so I know its getting enough power. As for the ram i'm running 2 gbs of OCZ PC6400 ram but if the ram was the problem I should at least get some type of picture right? CPU is a Intel e6600 series 2.4ghz. Thanks for the info!

yep
7950.jpg

see that black box on the right (right on the edge of the card), almost on the top.

I wish I could see the card right now. It was late when we finally gave up last night and my buddy took it down to look at it today. I'll inform him that there is a power plug on the card somewhere. I told him when we were putting it together I thought there was a plug that needed to be put in the card. However when we looked at the card we didn't see any place to put a plug in. Were would it be when its plugged in? On the outside of the card facing the harddrive or inside facing the backside of the computer?

it should be on the opposite side of where the connecters stick out the back of the case

but i dont think thats the problem... unless the newer cards these days absolutely need this extra power to function. Because with my 6600gt i have an external power connecter but if i dont plug it in, it'll still work. It wont just perform as well as i could under load. And windows tells me my card is laking the power.... but things could be different :)

kyleman999 said:
it should be on the opposite side of where the connecters stick out the back of the case

but i dont think thats the problem... unless the newer cards these days absolutely need this extra power to function. Because with my 6600gt i have an external power connecter but if i dont plug it in, it'll still work. It wont just perform as well as i could under load. And windows tells me my card is laking the power.... but things could be different :)

yeah, that's what usually happens. But it could depend on the card, so definitely worth trying it with the extra power plugged in.

Back
Top Bottom