Build list. What do we think?

Yeah 4gb is PLENTY!

I Think XP Will be slightly cheaper and be better in the long run but i have heard the 64bit Vista is WAY better than 64bit XP.

With your original selection of XP Home SP3, the total would be £.80 less. The total with Vista Home Premium x64 will be £529.25.

That's odd that you can't see the shopping cart links. I emailed them to my wife's machine and she can see them just fine.

Some of those items have a "SuperSpecials" offer that will save you a few pounds on the selected products.

:D

Cool

Funny, on my PC it says "There are no items in your cart"

Yea, when i come to buy the parts i'll update my cert with offers to save some cash.

As far as XP SP3 vs VHP goes? What do you think?

I'm currently running Home Premium and I like it just fine. I was running XP Pro before upgrading this machine. I see no degradation in performance from XP Pro running any of my games. Plus, things look fantastic in DX10.

My favorite part is the startup time. This thing boots up so much quicker then XP. Shuts down extremely fast too.

Cool, thanks for your help Atomic. +1. I'm gunna mock up a build list on eBuyer too. To compare.

Np.

One thing to remember, select a retail CPU. It will come with a heatsink. The one you first selected was an OEM CPU which comes only in a protective plastic tray in a small box.

Funny, i knew that. Didn't notice i'd grabbed an OEM, cheers for the heads up.

Have trawled eBuyer and from a list i've not seen it's gunna cost me mroe to build the kinda system i want. I've also looked at Scan and i'm now trying MicroDirect. Revised parts list is below.
buildrt9.png

I've now got myself a 9800 GT instead of a HD4670 and i'm gunna OC it when i get it. Plus i've bought 2x(2x1)gb packs instead of 4x1gb packs and saved a little money. A different monitor and a rejig on some other bits left me enough cash to push up to the 9800GT, i'm pretty pleased. I've gone down from a 320gb drive to a 250gb drive, saved a fiver and got a better brand name. "I'd never have filled 320gb anyway" (Famous last words?)

Back
Top Bottom