Build Help

MangoTangoFox

Solid State Member
I am having some trouble in deciding on a build.

So far this is what I have:

Case

Mobo

PSU

CPU

Graphics

Ram

I am going to be running XP Pro, And I already have an HDD and DVD Drive

I REALLY need to lower the cost, but I don't want to sacrifice performance.
If anyone could help me get the price down to under $500 without a drop in performance, that would really be helpful. The current price before rebates is around $580 ($550 After).

If you don't this this build is good, would anyone mind creating one from scratch?

Thanx, Mango ~

Well, even if I cant cut down the cost, is there an alternate rig that I could buy. Like is there different parts at the same price that I could choose.
And btw, I have NO idea about if the mother board is good or not.
I'm still pretty much a NOOB when it comes to Computers.

Thanx for your help rooster...
But I'm going to have to keep the case...
I absolutely love the current case, so I cant drop it.
I'm glad you recommended the PSU.
I get more watts, pay less money, and get to upgrade my Mobo.
I found it utterly pointless to have a mobo with integrated graphics.

And Ron,
What do you mean?

So anyway I changed the PSU, Mobo, and its at $575 Shipped to me...
So I cut a little but now there is only one $10 rebate.

And another thing, Could anyone give me examples of the power this build would have? Like games, how much could I multitask, etc...

you'd be able to play crysis on highest settings in dx 9 cuz u dont have 64bit OS, probably in the high 20's low 30's FPS in Crysis.

an i got that Proc, its a dandy, i bet u'll never get it to use 100% cpu usage, lol.

@Sniper
Oah I had no idea you needed 64bit for DX10...
Well I guess if I can play Crysis on High, That's good to know, because I know I won't ever be doing anything as serious as Crysis.

One thing...
I just upgraded my internet service from the Knology Basic Internet, to the High Speed one. I had no idea this whole time that I only had the slower internet. Right now I checked and I only have 1mb/s, which through my research I found out is ABSOLUTELY HORRID, lol. The faster internet should come on tomorrow evening. And I'm supposed to have at max 6mb/s, I can't wait to test it, even my old computer is going to fly online. And I can't even imagine how fast it's gonna be when I get my rig. But another thing, for some reason I checked my local network because I use a network for my Xbox and my Dad's Laptop. And for some odd reason it says that the speed is 28,924mb/s! :O
Yea and I checked it says MB/s not KB/s.
How is that even possible, is that a glitch or something, because 28,000+ Mb/s is INSANE...

for one, there is a difference between "Mb/s" and MB/s" lol
1 MBps = 8 Mbps ( i think)

and you dont need 64bit to play Dx10, just xp dosnt support dx 10, only dx 9, and i mentioned the 64bit xp pro so u could use all your ram

Back
Top Bottom