Build Help

Ok, i talked to a tech, he said MOST LIKELY bad memory, because my GPU is top rated, i dunno, ima try turning on the GPU< one sec. The power for the GPU Is sufficient, its working fine, tech guy says (he works for frys) and patriot is a really crappy brand, theyve had 20 returns this week for the exact type i got....maybe it is the RAM? ive tryed both sticks...didnt work still. THe power for everything is fine.

Yeah, if that is the word going around with the techs about that RAM, I would suggest going with a better brand of RAM. RAM is one of the most important components and the last thing you need is that to go bad while you are doing something important on the computer.

Your GPU isn't "top rated" :p It could well be either.

The Power LED cable is for the Power LED (the light) - look in your motherboard manual for the pins.

The Power On is for the Power Switch - this might be called the Power On or the Power Switch cable in your manual.

Did your computer give a beep code when it turned on, or did it stay black? Usually if a beep code is given, it's almost always RAM. Go with a better brand of RAM like Corsair. I've had good luck with Corsair.

Back
Top Bottom