Build computer or buy pre-built?

JBrehm

Baseband Member
Which is better overall, buying pre-built or building your own? Which is more cost effective? Granted that I know how to build a computer, which would be more reliable of a system? Basically, I want a new computer for, a slightly intensive education program (I have my schoolwork on CD-ROM, well some of it), lots of basically everything you'd do on internet (my business is online), some gaming (not too intensive though, nothing too 3D, some photo editing and quite a bit of entertainment stuff (movies, music, etc.). for those purposes which would be a better computer for me to get, prebuilt or to build my own? thanks.

Building your own is more cost effective. Companies charge extra to assemble them, so if you know what you're doing, build your own

Building your own is better
As buying a computer off a large company like dell will result in poor quality parts, building your own is also better as it will be tailored to your own needs. Unless you have no idea on how to build a computer i would build one myself.

Definitely building your own. You get charged more for a pre-built machine that may contain poor components. Unless you get an Alienware machine.

With building your own, you can get exactly what you want. A lot of times companies like gateway or dell compromise one part when you go to upgrade another part, and most people don't even know it. There are places on the net where you can find great prices on great quality parts. I'm not sure if we're allowed to post websites here but I'll do it anyway...... http://www.pricewatch.com , that is a great place to find the lowest prices on stuff. I think I had a machine priced up one time, a gaming machine for just over 500 bucks.

if you can build a computer and you know what you are doing for example you know what Socket A is and you know the differences between PC2700 and PC3200 then building is for you.

Also building is a lot of fun, but pre-built PC are better if you are unsure what you are doing.

Building ur own is much better. When u buy one pre-built, u get a crappy vid card. Also u kno what ur putting into it and u put ur love in it and it will run better :D. I just had to say that... lol. But definitaly building ur own is better.

Back
Top Bottom