Build annoyances

desdichato

Baseband Member
Guys,

Q1; I've been having hassles trying to get the CPU fan to stay attached to my I7 powered Gigabyte Ex52(?) Mobo and after trying and trying and being unable to get the standard fan/heatsink to lock into position I decided to get an aftermarket model....**** the new cooler looks good BUT it just touches one of my RAM sticks...is this likely to cause any damage?????

Q2; I have an aftermarket HDD temperature and fan speed controller but the fan connectors are male as are the one's on the Mobo....does anyone know if there is such a thing as male/female connector for fans?????

Any info will be greatly appreciated

P

As long as the aftermarket heatsink isn't causing the RAM to be pushed into the board with more force or at an awkward angle, there's no reason to be concerned.

As for your second question, what is the specific brand/model of the unit? The fan connector plugs on those devices by the way are NORMALLY male because the fans themselves will have the female attachment, so there's little reason to need to convert them. The only reason you would need to convert them is if you've already got a converter on the fans already ;)

Every fan I've bought that had a three pin power connector has been female. Even the molex connectors (the wide plastic ones) have been female as well.

Back
Top Bottom