09-08-2004, 05:53 PM
Join Date: Aug 2004
can also try
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
- In Registry Editor, locate the following subkey, if it exists: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Inte rnet Explorer\Control Panel
- If the ResetWebSettings value or the HomePage value exists in this key, right-click the values, and then click Delete.
Note You may also want to verify any Web site information contained in the Default_Page_URL value and the Start Page value in the following registry keys: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main
HKEY_ LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main
- On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click Yes to confirm the deletion.
- On the File menu or on the Registry menu, click Exit to quit Registry Editor.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3. If the issue is resolved, turn on the startup items that you turned off in step 4 except for the items that may be causing the issue for example, commands that run Regedit.exe or a .reg, .hta, .vbs, or .js file. If the issue recurs, you turned on the startup item that was causing the issue. Repeat steps 4 through 11.