Buffering with Soundcard

collapse

Beta member
Hello. Maybe I have this miscategorized, I'm not too sure - but I'll start here.

I recently built a new system for general use. From time to time, I like to dabble around with some DJing. For what I'm doing, I use 2 sound cards, the onboard sound card and a creative 24-bit SBL sound card. This issue I'm having is that while in the cueing channel of the dj software, I get massive distortion/buffering while listening to the track, basically making it unable to hear 50% of the time. The main channel is clear as day, no issues what so ever. I'm wondering if I am just getting bottle necked with the information (so to speak). I've looked in the software settings to see about adjusting the input to the cards and there is none that I know of. The software also shows CPU usage and it can get up to about 50% out of 100% - kind of odd I think ......... Just curious if anyone has any input on this, maybe the direction I should have in resolving the issue. I would believe I have enough system resources to run the software efficiently. If more info is required, please let me know - Thanx :)

Software & Specs.

Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Virtual DJ 7 (DJ Software)
Numark Total Control (DJ Controller/USB)

MSI 970A-G45 (onboard sound - Primary Card)
AMD Phenom II X4 Black Edition 970
Kingston Hyper X 8gbs (1866)
Sapphire Radeon 6850HD
Creative 24-bit SBL (Secondary Card)
WD 500gb Sata 2 Black
Corsair Pro Series Gold 750W PSU

Back
Top Bottom