Budget Gaming Comp Advice

Tofu007

Baseband Member
Hey guys this is my very first post on the forum so go easy on me:). Right now I have the chance to get a new gaming desktop to replace my laptop. I'm pretty tech savy, but I need some help on the parts I should pick. Just give me ur advice

We would all be very glad to help you :)

First off, Intel or AMD?

EDIT: Oh, and what kind of budget do you have?

Pro AMD cause their Phenom X4 kicks butt and I pro have a $900-$950 budget, maybe a bit more I'll see.

USD or Canadian? Price variations are pretty rough between the two.

(and why not go Intel? The C2Q's are pretty awesome, too.)

My bad im in the US. And i got a off topic Q, do i gain new ranks after i post a lot of post?
Ty for ur help:)

Ya intel is nice, but isn't in the long run AMD faster than Intel???

To answer the question, yes. Ranks are given by number of posts and reputation is awarded by other members or long periods of time.

As to whether Intel or AMD is faster "in the long run"...It's undetermined. Certain things do better with Intel processors than AMD and vice-versa. I chose Intel because I've seen better performance out of Intel. They are more expensive but I hold strong to the belief of "you get what you pay for". It's up to you and a great performing system can be designed either way.

Again, same thing. Games are mostly coded around Nvidia so you will tend to see more frames out of Nvidia cards. But some ATi cards perform better with other games. If you're a big Crysis fan, I'd go with an Intel/Nvidia system.

Ok ty, my main goal w/ this comp is to be able to play modern wafare 2
also is 2gb of ram still ok right now, I know that ddr3 ram is overrated cause it's either slower than ddr2 or only 1 sec faster.

Oh, ok. Well, give me some time to design a decent system (Intel based) and I'm quite sure another member will chip in soon with an AMD based system.

Back
Top Bottom