Budget friendly gfx cards

TOWT

In Runtime
If i were to play css in 1280 x 1024 what should i use that is budget friendly

6600gt all the way. there is no better for the price, although if you can find a cheap x800 then thats good

Yep, Like Money_Man says, the Geforce 6600GT by any make (though theres better and worse ones) will be good :) and yeah, that'll be fine.
I don't think you'll get a 256mb version of that card.

As for it lasting a while. It will yes, because it runs games now at high settings, rather high res's so in the coming future, you'll just have to lower these a bit to carry on, so should run games for a good year or more :D
Plus because its Nvidia, it also supports Direct X-9c which has some extra features not being used in games yet, and so games will look good for a while too :)

Hope this helps

hmmmm i see that there is no 256mb versions

then again i did plan to spend up to around $230 do u see any that is a good value?

If you can afford a Geforce 6800 card (though I guess you wouldn't...i don't know the exact prices in american money) then this willl be worth it.
It'd last you longer of course because it's a more capable card and so could run at higher settings/higher res's for longer.

I guess getting more memory on a card will become more and more important as bigger games come out with higher texture sizes etc. For instance Doom 3 set to Ultra, to store all the textures on it, will just scrape a 512mb card which aren't even out yet. This doesn't matter entirely though, because for most games, you wouldn't notice a difference

You definely would not notice much of a difference in frame rates, though you might a tiny bit.

the 6800 does do 256mb's I think. If the price still doesn't exceed your limit, you could try looking for a GT or Ultra card of this spec... but I don't think you could afford these. But they would last even longer. A standard 6800 though would be better than a 6600GT of course!

You should be able to overclock some cards quite alot though to push them that little bit farther.

I hope this helps

Why isn't it any good? It should perform just as well as the PCI-E card. Theres no performance bottle necks yet...

As for the Radeon, the equivilent of the 6600gt is the X700, so the x800 is indeed better.
Though this is only my personal opinion, I'm starting to not like ATI as they can't fight it anymore. The geforce cards seem to pack the punch, are Direct X-9c ready, unlike ATI cards, and seem to last longer...

Kage said:
Why isn't it any good? It should perform just as well as the PCI-E card. Theres no performance bottle necks yet...

As for the Radeon, the equivilent of the 6600gt is the X700, so the x800 is indeed better.
Though this is only my personal opinion, I'm starting to not like ATI as they can't fight it anymore. The geforce cards seem to pack the punch, are Direct X-9c ready, unlike ATI cards, and seem to last longer...

nope it doesnt run as good nor o/c as good, slight o/c and you get artifacts and lags and such. its just not very good. i have teh PCI-ex and my friend got the AGP one and same cpu and better ram than me and yet im getting better fps in games and mine performs much much better. if eastern digital wasnt banned he'd tell you exactly why, but for some reason the smartest guy in the forum always is the first to get banned. also why dont you like the ATI cards? ATI cards run fine in DX9 platforms and they are amazingly good. dont forget people you get what you pay for and the extra money for the better cards that ATI has is worth it. once their AMR techology comes out get dual x850xt pe's or just 1 and a x800 and you'll own any 6800 ultra SLI package anyday

Back
Top Bottom