Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-05-2012, 01:05 AM   #1
Beta Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 1
Default Budget Custom Rig, Need second opinion

I was looking to build a relatively cheap gaming computer and was hoping to get a second opinion on how this build will run.

WD 250GB HDD
Asus M5A78L-M LX Plus AM3+ 760G Mobo
Sapphire Radeon HD 6850 1GB Graphics
Rosewill 550W 80 Plus Bronze Certified Modular PSU
G.Skill Ripjaws Series 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333 RAM
AMD FX-4100 Zambezi 3.6GHz Quad Core
__________________

numberfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:14 AM   #2
Solid State Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: US
Posts: 9
Default Re: Budget Custom Rig, Need second opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by numberfly View Post
I was looking to build a relatively cheap gaming computer and was hoping to get a second opinion on how this build will run.

WD 250GB HDD
Asus M5A78L-M LX Plus AM3+ 760G Mobo
Sapphire Radeon HD 6850 1GB Graphics
Rosewill 550W 80 Plus Bronze Certified Modular PSU
G.Skill Ripjaws Series 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333 RAM
AMD FX-4100 Zambezi 3.6GHz Quad Core
How much money are you working with? I am trying to build a more budgeted gaming rig myself and have my parts basically picked out already I just need the cash. I am looking at around $1,200 for my build though.
__________________

thiskory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:34 AM   #3
Golden Master
 
sniperviper21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 5,438
Default Re: Budget Custom Rig, Need second opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiskory View Post
How much money are you working with? I am trying to build a more budgeted gaming rig myself and have my parts basically picked out already I just need the cash. I am looking at around $1,200 for my build though.
1200$ = Budgeted Rig LOL

Anyways... As for the OP, i would not go with the Rosewell Power Supply

Go with this instead.
Newegg.com - CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply

And why are you getting a Micro ATX motherboard?


What about...
Windows Copy
Case,
Monitor
Keyboard
Mouse
Peripherals
ect ect
__________________
You got to have a Fiddle in the band!
sniperviper21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:06 AM   #4
In Runtime
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 322
Default Re: Budget Custom Rig, Need second opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperviper21 View Post
1200$ = Budgeted Rig LOL

Anyways... As for the OP, i would not go with the Rosewell Power Supply

Go with this instead.
Newegg.com - CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply
I agree that a different brand would be better, but surely a 650w is a bit much. You can save some money by getting one between 400-500w
Edsterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:40 PM   #5
Fully Optimized
 
joedaman633's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: England, Birmingham
Posts: 1,812
Default Re: Budget Custom Rig, Need second opinion

Alpine 750W PSUs I have found to be reliable, 38A on the 12V rail

Pretty cheap too.
joedaman633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gaming rig cheap budget

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0