buddies new comp

kostonbleeds

In Runtime
so my friend bought a new comp and we built it, then he had to go back to cali so he had it shipped usps with $1000 insurance. now when he gets it, the video card fell out along with 2 of his 4 memory cards. when he went to go start it up it didnt even get to any boot screen, it goes on for like 3 secs then off again. what does this sound like to you? i cant actually see whats going on with it or what looks wrong if anything, he's not a tech so he wouldnt know if anything major was wrong. so any advice, basically he's going to end up getting a new comp all over again

Why would he need to basically get a new comp all over again? Might be a very simple fix, he may have not put the memory or graphics card back in properly, might be the easiest way for him to take it to a local computer shop for them to have a look at it if he is not confident in his abilities.

im not saying he WOULD get a brand new computer, just from what it sounds like it's prolly the mobo, cpu, or psu. like when that stuff fell out it thrashed around and damaged some stuff. if he gets a 1000 dollar check we'll prolly just go like one step at a time with products

she's not a tech so he wouldnt know if anything major was wrong.
If the computer was moved together as a whole pc and everything was installed correctly and the memory sticks and graphics card have 'fallen out' then you can bet your house that there is something majorly wrong. For a memory stick to fall out or a video card a computer would need to pretty severly abused.

yea i know, how the hell would a mem card just fall out? it was working fine before he left then it sat for like a week then he shipped it. the only thing i can think of for the gpu is that it is a silent one so it has a huge heatsink on it making it crazy heavy

But the video card is secured by a screw at the rear???? (unless it is a TT case or similar with clips)

Memory doesn't just "fall out" for no reason, I hope he took pics. Was the case damaged much? for a force strong enough to dislodge the video card and memory I would expect major case damage.

I'd be claiming the insurance for sure

Any chance you didn't secure the memory and video card properly??

Any chance someone has swapped parts while it was in transit??

Back
Top Bottom