BSOD's and crashes

jamieoliver22

In Runtime
BSOD's and crashes - Please help!

Hiya all.

Recently, I upgraded my computer with a new ATI Radeon x850 XT, a Tagan 420w power supply and a Western Digital 320gb HDD.

Ever since the upgrade, I have noticed various BSOD's with the BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER error. I get these BSOD's when copying files or when trying to burn a CD and sometimes does it for no reason whatsoever.

I unplugged all pieces of USB equipment that was connected and now the computer just restarts, without a BSOD on the screen.

My specs are as followed:
> AMD AthlonXP 2000+ (1.7ghz)
> 1gb DDR Ram
> 400gb Hard Drive space (total)
> ATI Radeon x850 XT
> Tagan 420w Power Supply
> MSI K9-Ultra Motherboard

Thanks,
Jamie.

Try going to MSI's site and check to see if they have a chipset update driver. It might fix the problem. The only aspect of what you're saying that doesn't really make sense is that even after unplugging all usb devices you still get some sort of error (at least I think so cause it causes the PC to reboot). Basically the usb controller is not providing a sufficient amount of power to all the devices and that normally means that you have to many usb devices plugged in at one time. This is why I said it makes no sense that the problems continue after none are plugged in. Either way, try a chipset update and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom