The BSOD is upon me!

emperor76

In Runtime
Hi, I bought some more RAM, and since about a day after installing I have been riddle with the BSOD, after over a day of this after reformatting, I still had problems, so I tried mem test, my worst fears seem to have been confirmed, this is what I saw, I was about to send it back, but I was wondering if there was any way to find out which one it was, other than trial and error which with 4 sticks will be pretty annoying, as I have had them all out and in again seeing if I had incorrectly installed them and mixed them up.

Attachments

• 2013-12-25 17.34.12.jpg
    2013-12-25 17.34.12.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 9
Dang that sucks! Did you try using just 2 sticks?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Computer Forums mobile app

Dang that sucks! Did you try using just 2 sticks?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Computer Forums mobile app

I know, I'm gutted, just had to see it go back down to 4gb, it occurred to me to look for a number on the box that matched a number on the ram so I've managed to find out the 2 I've bought, so I don't suppose I will need to find out which one of them as I bought in a pair, thanks

Aw damn :(

Just think though about this. Just look at the chips. It is a revelation in my opinion that they work at all when plugged in. Technology these days.

Good luck with the replacement dude.

Aw damn :(

Just think though about this. Just look at the chips. It is a revelation in my opinion that they work at all when plugged in. Technology these days.

Good luck with the replacement dude.

To be fair, I do remember having ram going a long time ago on my previous build, but I didn't even check to see if it was the same speed, only that it was ddr2, I've since learned that lesson, I don't know if that was why it went, but when I was told to ensure they are the same speed, that incident came to mind, these on the other hand were exactly the same as the ram that was in, I'm currently waiting for my replacement to be dispatched from Amazon and I'm going to send this one back. I will run mem test straight away this time, if they're still faulty, I will get a refund, I'm quite suprised with it being a reputable brand like Corsair, but I suppose it happens to the best manufacturers sometimes

I should be putting my replacement memory in tomorrow when it arrives, is there any reason it shouldn't work, as far as I can see it's the same, same speed, they're all 9-9-9-24, all ddr3, all xms3, but this time before putting them in, I will check more thoroughly

Back
Top Bottom