Bsod help

Well then we can rule out the PSU. Hmmm. I feel like it's the ram but you tested it and got no errors. That leaves the motherboard or perhaps the cpu even, although a bad cpu usually causes more significant symptoms

Idk but I did a chkdsk scan and it fixed some kind of error that had extra alicated space that didn't need to be there and i haven't had an error since

Sent from my SM-G900V using Computer Forums mobile app

Are you able to provide the STOP code it's giving you, any error logs or what kind of things you're normally doing when it occurs?

'BSOD' on it's own can mean anything from a driver IRQL issue to a failing drive or knackered PCIe slot or something.

When it does it again I will but so far it hasn't done it since I did the check disk under command prompt it repaired something said I had extra unalicated space that I didn't need

all STOP errors have their own unique error code and 'name' - For instance 0x0000007b (INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE) will show when a hard drive or SATA port is failing. or 0x0000000A (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) if two conflicting drivers are installed for the same piece of hardware.

Googling the stop code will take you to Microsoft technet or forums most likely, where there will be quite a lot of resource on what each code means and what you need to check.

There are not many people that can help you without being their in person.
You must be able to tell us the error code, along with how often it happens for any decent help. I am sorry about that, but I would require this for any type of service involving a BSOD, which has been explained above.

Yea I understand but like I said it hasn't done it since I ran the check disk program

Back
Top Bottom