BSOD during windows loading; Hardware + OS problems

DEccles

Baseband Member
After weeks of 0x7f stop errors and event ID: 7026 errors trying to load driver szkg, my computer is now completely shot.

Nothing had been working to alleviate the originating problems, but now I'm completely stumped.

A few days ago my comp froze up, and after a manual shutdown, it would not start up again. It posts fine, but when Windows is loading it briefly flashes a BSOD (only for a second so I can't read anything on it) and restarts.

I had run 6 extended passes of WinDiag to scan my memory and that came up fine. I updated my BIOS, LAN, Video Card drivers, defragged, did a Windows Repair install. Ran Smitfraudfix, ATF Cleaner & AVG and nothing had solved the problem. I couldn't tell if it was hardware related, virus related, or some sort of system corruption.

I put my hard drive in my roomates computer to see if it start up in his, but the same thing happens. I posts fine, but I get a BSOD and windows crashes/restarts while loading. This made me think the problem was isolated to my hardrive/OS since it was in a completely different and fully functional PC.

However, when I put my roomates hard drive into my PC, it still crashed in the same way.

So both my Hard drive in my roomates PC, and my roomates hard drive in my PC both crash from an identical error. I have no clue at this point. I tried taking out my memory 1 stick at a time, but that had no effect.

Since the video/monitor seems to be working fine I'd guess it was the MoBo or CPU, but both are new (CPU is about 6mo old and MoBo is about 1mo old). Plus my roomates computer works fine (i'm on it now) and my hard drive still caused the error.

If anyone's got any ideas, I'd love to hear them. Thanks.

Have you been able to obtain another XP disc? Sometimes this is a problem. From being a computer tech, I have copies of every version of Windows OEM discs, because of weird issues such as this that doesn't seem to have a resolution.

Usually, errors like this are due to hardware-related issues. Booting the hard drive in another computer, and it going to BSOD, doesn't surprise me. What does surprise me, is the fact it gives you the same error message. Have you ran a diagnostic on the hard drive? Something such as BadBlocks (on most Linux Live CD's) should tell you if something is wrong. You may want to download and run the diag tool from the manufacture- all major manufactures have a diag tool you can run.

Would that tool be accesible or able to run from start up? 'Cause I can't get into windows to run anything. I'd have to make a bootable disk from this comp and then run it that way. Also, I have put my hard drive into this comp on a previous occasion and it worked fine

Badblocks is a Linux utility that will run from the live CD. If you don't know much about Linux, it can be a task to get it to run. I would probably suggest that you download the diag from the manufacture, which will be in ISO format, and will usually go on a floppy, or CD in some cases.

Ok. Yea I haven't done anything with Linux, but I can mount an ISO to a bootable CD. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom