BSoD annoyance

EricM

Daemon Poster
Just recently I was playing BF2142 (which is already buggy enough.. but i was new to the series and didnt know how EA ran that series into the ground) and it randomly froze and it would not return to the desktop if i pressed alt ctrl del. so i waited for a few seconds maybe thinking it was a video card error but then i got a BSoD. the error name was :MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION and the error code was 0x0000009C (0x00000004, 0x8054D5F0, 0xB2000000, 0x00070F0F)

im not too great with diagnosing these things but I have a magazine that lists the diff error names and possibilities of the problem. so it said: A bad CPU - or one that is too aggressively overclocked, or an underpowered or faulty psu.

this only happens when i play bf2142 and thats the only time it occurs. my cpu is not overclocked and i havent had any issues with it whatsoever in the entirity i have owned it. my psu is 550W and i have an amd athlon x2 4400+. can anyone help me with this as to what u think the problem might be?

Full Specs:

cpu: amd athlon x2 4400+
mobo: dfi lanparty ut sli-dr expert
evga nvidia 7900gt co
hdd: WD Caviar 250gb
PSU: ultra x2 550W
creative x-fi xtrememusic
2gb ocz ram
and event viewer only shows me the error code

i recently updated the graphics card driver to the 93.71. coould that be causing the problem?

EricM said:
i recently updated the graphics card driver to the 93.71. coould that be causing the problem?
Possibly, see if rolling back the drivers fixs it. And if at any time they come out with updated drivers, obviously upgrade to that.

nope that didnt solve the problem.... sometimes i get random freezes while playing bf and there will be no blue screen error after that so im thinking it could possibly be a bug in the game?

could be a bug , what did the event viewer say

also try testing you ram and check the temps

are there any patches for the game you have not got yet

event viewer just will give me the error code and will say nothing else....i have all the latest patches and i will try testing my ram.

Back
Top Bottom