Brrrrr Getting colder

setishock

Wizard of Wires
I had to flash in the latest bios to get some irregularities in the bios straightened out. Still have some issues like it's reading the cpu speed and memory value wrong. But one problem that it had was addressed. The fan controls were mislabeled so when you went in and made adjustments to the response and speeds it was trial and error which one you made the real adjustment to. The cou header was labeled aux instead of cpu. But now it's all good.

I replaced the Antec stock 3 speed fans with some Cougar Vortex CF-V12HPB PWM controlled case fans. COUGAR CF-V12HPB Vortex Hydro-Dynamic-Bearing (Fluid) 300,000 Hours 12CM Silent Cooling Fan with Pulse Width Modulation (Black) - Newegg.com

I did read where some had complained about an odd noise ones mount horizontally would make. The sound comes from how close the blades are to the grillwork on the top of the case. A simple Mylar vibration gasket should fix that. Pushes the fan away from the grillwork while sealing the fan to the case. Reason the fans mounted on the back don't make the noise is most cases have the back grillwork bowed out. My Antec case does and that one is very quiet.

I went in to the bios and set all fans to manual and floored them. I sealed up the case and buttoned her up. It's cold here lately and the ambient in the room dipped down to 65F. Didn't take but maybe 30 minutes for the cpu temp to drop down to what you see in the screen shot.
167-72f.jpg

I do have a Cooler Master 212 EVO that hasn't been installed yet. I get that in and it should hover there on it's own. Well, maybe. We'll see.

Back
Top Bottom