Brothers New Video Card Lagging??????

^Mike^

Fully Optimized
He bought a new PCI video card, a EVGA 5200 128mb, to go with his 1.7ghz Celeron processor, and 386ram (which he is planning a new upgrade on those). I installed the new video card and disabled the onboard one, now when we try and play games on the new video card it is choppy and laggy, but with the onboard card, it worked smooth???????????????????

This is the video card:
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/eVGA...05701/catOid/-13043/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

-Thanks for any help!

yup, i am currently reinstalling them with a different version, i'ma see how that works

I reinstalled the driver, and the major problems are now fixed, much smoother but at certain points when gunfire is occuring such as shooting at a Terrorist in Coutner Strike there is a lag, but other times it seems fine (50fps or so), but during gunfire and every 5 seconds or so there is a lag and it goes down to like 5fps, is this the processor??????

Edit: new update on the situation, it's lagging like a mutha now, the light on the comp is like staying on continuosly when it laggs, is this truely the processor?

Is it source? If its source that video card just might not be able to handle some of the lighting affects and what not.

Back
Top Bottom