Brothers iPod screwed up with vistas "Scan and Fix" option

jashan17

In Runtime
Ok, my brother isnt very computer literate (in grade 12) and when he connected his iPod to the vista computer it said "do you want to scan and fix the ipod" and he selected yes. Now it is not being read as a volume on explorer but it is being detected. It isnt working in iTunes either.

He fixed it then :D

... Sorry, hmm...

I don't know. I've never had that happen to me while scanning a standard MP3 player, my Creative for instance.
I wouldn't have thought it does anything to the drive at all, except scan.

It could have removed files though from the device, but I wouldn't have thought that Microsoft's scanner would have found tempory files from Apple's.

Has Vista by any chance got a backup of what it deletes on the program so you can restore it back?

He fixed it then :D

... Sorry, hmm...

I don't know. I've never had that happen to me while scanning a standard MP3 player, my Creative for instance.
I wouldn't have thought it does anything to the drive at all, except scan.

It could have removed files though from the device, but I wouldn't have thought that Microsoft's scanner would have found tempory files from Apple's.

Has Vista by any chance got a backup of what it deletes on the program so you can restore it back?

im not sure. All i know is that i cannot restore it now and its not being read.

Back
Top Bottom