broken gateway laptop

ridleyj329

Beta member
Okay, I've looked all over google and i couldnt find any answers just other people with similar problems. So i decided to join this forum and see if i could find any help. I have a gateway M675. the situation is I was using it one and it decided to it wanted to freeze up on me so the only thing i could do was manually shut it down. when i tried to turn it back on there no picture on the screen. the computer powers on, the cd drive spins, the fan spins, everything act as if nothing is wrong except the hdd does spin and theres no picture on the screen. i know theres no definitive one answer since you can look at but i figured with all the people having the similar issues someone along the lines mustve gotten there own fixed i could prolly have an idea where start trying to fix this rather than blindly rippin all the guts out.:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Do you have a boot disk on floppy or CD?
You will have to tell the BIOS to boot from one of these.
If your warranty is still good, don't open the case.
If you can open the case, get a wrist strap and make sure everything is plugged in. Check your memory first.
You might have to put it in the shop.

no, i dont have a boot disk. the machine is out warranty and ive since loaded up my own OS. besides if i cant get anything to show up on screen how would i get into the bios? i have no instructions to open it so i havnt tried yet. also, im trying to do this on my own bc i am pretty tech savvy and its a good point to learn so im trying to avoid what seems to be the inevitable "send to shop"

I wanted you to try and boot from a floppy to see if your hard drive died.
You will have to start swapping hardware. Is your memory seated properly?
Try another monitor and so on..
Good Luck

yea before you open it do you have an output for a monitor on it and try that first....Just to rule out the screen before you jump into it and start checking stuff inside if you are unsure of how to do it...If you rule out the screen then go to the internals and start ruling things out...

Back
Top Bottom