Broke?

juicecan

Solid State Member
hi my computer is broken. it is very slow to start up. try at least 8 hours to start up. i recently changed the dvd drive and when i turned the comp on again, it started up fine, but after about 1 min it freezes and i have to wait overnight for it to work again.is there any way to fix this or do i have to reset windows?? i dont have a os reinstalation disc either but when i first set up the computer it told me to make a cc of all the settings, instalations, etc. i still have these discs btw its an acer program that prompted me to do this back up thing. help plz thx

try to reformat ur HDD or buy a new dvd drive but try the computer w\o the dvd drive first if all else fails but a ned dvd drive

have you been doing regular maintenance to your PC like spyware and adware scans, disk defragmenting, running disk cleanup, running virus checks, removing unnecessary programs/files, cleaning up startup processes, etc? These are all things you need to stay on top of in order for your computer to continue functioning properly. I suggest you attempt to do some of it if you haven't or a fresh install of windows will be required (i know that will be difficult seeing as you don't have the windows discs but that might be your last option).

Another option you can try is doing a system restore to the earliest date available and starting from there to clean up your computer.

You could also try booting into safe mode and see if it loads any faster, if so then it could be your drivers or a startup program. Do you recall installing any software before you started having any problems? You can uninstall them if so in safe mode, and uncheck certain programs from starting up. While your there run anti virus, and spyware scans in case its a virus or spyware/adware thats halting your computer.

Back
Top Bottom