Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-24-2007, 12:07 PM   #1
Baseband Member

Default Broadband Tech Support

ok im currently working as a broadband tech support agent,i have only recently started working on the floor taking calls but some of the calls i have had i get confused and i cant resolve them,and in our training we never coverd these areas of troubleshooting, ok heres some of the calls i have been getting and heres my way of trying to resolve the problem but still no luck,would be greatful if someone could tell me some solutions to make my job easier,thanks!

1. Problem,X through the wireless network icon in taskbar

My Resolution,click repair in the icon,go to device manager check no red or explamation marks in the network adapters,reset router!,go to network connections make sure the wireless network is enabled! still no joy!!!!

2.Problem,limited or no connectiviy message at the wireless icon in task bar,

My Resolution,To Be Honest I have never heard of this problem so basically i did the same proceduce as in problem 1,still no joy!!!!!

can anyone help me out on solutions to these problems,i seem to get calls regarding these issues at least twice a day,thanks!

furlong86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:30 PM   #2
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to borat_sagdiyev Send a message via MSN to borat_sagdiyev
Default Re: Broadband Tech Support

well the first one could mean a problem with the network adapter drivers or there might be a problem with the connection.

the second one means that probably the wireless router is too far from the computer, or there is a connection problem.

what company do you work for?

evga geforce 7600GT overclocked
borat_sagdiyev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:53 PM   #3
Baseband Member

emm ok thanks for your feedback!

what company do you work for?
startss with b ends with a t

anymore suggestions thanks!__________________
furlong86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 01:32 PM   #4
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by furlong86 View Post
!!!!

My Resolution,To Be Honest I have never heard of this problem so basically i did the same proceduce as in problem 1,still no joy!!!!!

can anyone help me out on solutions to these problems,i seem to get calls regarding these issues at least twice a day,thanks!
I get this error the most. Most likely it is not the wireless router causing this problem because I'm always getting excellent signals from it regardless of that message.

Tell them to power down their modem for about 45 seconds. Plug the modem back in the wall socket and let it communicate with the wireless router to initiate DNS and domain Gateway. The PC will usually try to connect again on it's own, but if not then you just have to reconnect to the wireless network they were on before. It works for me. EIther that or their network is out of range or they don't have permission to access the available network due to Mac filtering or whatever filters the router has.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:48 PM   #5
muz
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by furlong86 View Post
ok im currently working as a broadband tech support agent,i have only recently started working on the floor taking calls but some of the calls i have had i get confused and i cant resolve them,and in our training we never coverd these areas of troubleshooting, ok heres some of the calls i have been getting and heres my way of trying to resolve the problem but still no luck,would be greatful if someone could tell me some solutions to make my job easier,thanks!

1. Problem,X through the wireless network icon in taskbar

My Resolution,click repair in the icon,go to device manager check no red or explamation marks in the network adapters,reset router!,go to network connections make sure the wireless network is enabled! still no joy!!!!

1) could be a driver issue , especially if they are using windows vista , the questions i would ask would be the make and type of the network adaptor . could also be a router proble tho as well i would ask the make of both , then check

2) the router is either faulty , upgrade firmware and the user could be too far away from the router

and my guess is you work for BT
Old 04-24-2007, 04:13 PM   #6
Site Team

Send a message via AIM to celegorm

ISOwner touch on this a bit for #2, but make sure they don't have passwords on the wireless. Small chance this could be causing #1 as well... but not too likely.

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote