Brightness....

V-Man

Baseband Member
Alright, this is going to sound very noobish, but I can't figure it out....

I have a compaq 8710w notebook, and I can't get the brightness to to adjust correctly. I just reinstalled Vista Ultimate, and the fn + f10 key's dont do it (yes, it's the right graphic for increase brightness)

I went into the bios and disabled the light sensor (does an auto-dim in low-light areas) but I still can't get the function keys to work.

Now, I know that the FN key works because fn + f3 puts my computer to sleep, it's the brightness settings that aren't working. And yes, in my powerscheme the brightness is cranked up to 100%

Any ideas or thoughts on this bizarre situation?

Nope, does nothing. Just makes the page scroll and up and down really quickly.

used an actual install disc. i dont have a recovery disc for ultimate.
By the way, this was working fine on fresh XP installs.

maybe right click the battery, and select the power setting?

nope, power settings have it cranked to full, as does windows mobilithy center.
Im guessing this is a hardware thing, not an OS thing because about the time I turned the sensor off, shit hit the fan and im stuck with dim....

I know your problem. Because you didn't use the Recovery Disk you haven't reinstalled drivers for features you don't usually find in Windows. If you have any media buttons you may find that they don't work. For some FN commands Windows will still perform, for others it won't. Pay a visit to the manufacturer's website and look for chipset drivers and things of the like.

Back
Top Bottom