Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 05-31-2014, 11:15 PM   #21
In Runtime

Send a message via MSN to Comp_Pro
Default Re: Brand new laptop keeps spinning up CD drive?

I went and got the PC swapped and same issue. CD drive spinning up again every 5 minutes to check if there is a disk there. 5th times a charm?

Old 05-31-2014, 11:16 PM   #22
Golden Master

Was it a different brand?

BK_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 01:38 AM   #23
In Runtime

Send a message via MSN to Comp_Pro

Nope, I got another Toshiba Satellite P50t. Exact same issue. When I went back to the store I asked the manager how would I know if getting another replacement laptop will come without the fault considering this is the 5th time I've been here and she basically said "I think the laptop is supposed to do that"

So I then asked for a full refund.

I still would have liked to have known the solution to this problem, as I really liked the laptop. So if anyone here actually knows the solution to this problem other than go to tech support (Because that's sort of what this website is), please let me know - even though the advice won't matter considering I don't have the laptop anymore.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:02 AM   #24
Fully Optimized

When I suggested contact tech support, I meant for you to call TOSHIBA tech support, not take it back to the bozos in the store. http://support.toshiba.com/contact

If you would have done that you may have gotten the problem solved without the need to return the laptop or restore it back to factory.

Taking it back to the store would have been my last resort.
strollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 06:55 PM   #25
Wizard of Wires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comp_Pro View Post
Nope, I got another Toshiba Satellite P50t. Exact same issue. When I went back to the store I asked the manager how would I know if getting another replacement laptop will come without the fault considering this is the 5th time I've been here and she basically said "I think the laptop is supposed to do that"

So I then asked for a full refund.

I still would have liked to have known the solution to this problem, as I really liked the laptop. So if anyone here actually knows the solution to this problem other than go to tech support (Because that's sort of what this website is), please let me know - even though the advice won't matter considering I don't have the laptop anymore.
We're not tech support. If we were we'd be getting paid to supply answers.
We're just computer enthusiasts that know a lot more than the average user. But we don't know about every little gizmo out there.

The guys are absolutely right about telling you to call tech support for your brand laptop. It's on you that you choose to blow off that most excellent advice.

setishock is offline   Reply With Quote