Brand new custom PC freezing/crashing

Relative

Beta member
Hello! I just recently purchased and assembled a custom computer from Newegg. This computer has been up and running for about a day now and I have only been having problems with it so far. I mainly bought this computer to be able to run Diablo III on max settings and smoothly. Computer Specs Motherboard - Asus P8H67-M Pro CPU - Intel core i5 2500 Sandy Bridge Ram - 2 x 4gb Corsair DDR3 PSU - Raidmax RX-630SS 630 watt Case - Rosewill Challenger Operating System - Problem The problem I have is that it constantly makes programs not respond. Usually when this happens the computer will also freeze. It will become unfrozen after a couple of minutes. Another problem I have is frequent crashes. Which is a bigger deal than the freezing itself. Things I have tried I have updated the BIOS to the latest version (BIOS updated 4/20/12). I have all the drivers installed, got everything latest from the manufacturers website. Please help me!

OK, some off-hand things I can think of:

1. Check your power supply is sufficient, although it looks like it probably is.

2. Does it crash in whatever "safe mode" your OS has? If not, then it's probably not a hardware problem, and likely a software problem, and so you should then take the necessary diagnostic measures. I've honestly never heard of your OS - are you sure all the parts are fully supported? And to digress: is the OS any good? What's it like?

3. Is everything inside firmly seated and connected? Worth checking.

Since I have no idea what your OS is all about, I can't really suggest much more regarding software, and have limited info of your setup. Did you purchase the parts new or second hand? If you got them second hand, then you may want to have a close look at them, to check for signs of damage.

Hello! I just recently purchased and assembled a custom computer from Newegg. This computer has been up and running for about a day now and I have only been having problems with it so far. I mainly bought this computer to be able to run Diablo III on max settings and smoothly. Computer Specs Motherboard - Asus P8H67-M Pro CPU - Intel core i5 2500 Sandy Bridge Ram - 2 x 4gb Corsair DDR3 PSU - Raidmax RX-630SS 630 watt Case - Rosewill Challenger Operating System - Problem The problem I have is that it constantly makes programs not respond. Usually when this happens the computer will also freeze. It will become unfrozen after a couple of minutes. Another problem I have is frequent crashes. Which is a bigger deal than the freezing itself. Things I have tried I have updated the BIOS to the latest version (BIOS updated 4/20/12). I have all the drivers installed, got everything latest from the manufacturers website. Please help me!
Usually ram compatibility will cause this or bad drivers of the video card.

Der-PC-Mann, FYI the rosewill challanger is a computer case not an operating system.

Do you get a blue screen? If so, what is the error code? I would test the memory and the hard drive.

Back
Top Bottom