Bought a new mobo ?

Nope, you will not need to buy a new copy. Honestly, I'd be surprised if you even had to re-load vista. I changed from a 680i to a D33 chipset and vista took all the changes and installed the needed drivers without issue.

i have had a similar problem with ram, just call they will allow you to reactivate as long as it for that one pc, if you activate more than once, on other comps, they will refuse it and your screwed.

Nope, you will not need to buy a new copy. Honestly, I'd be surprised if you even had to re-load vista. I changed from a 680i to a D33 chipset and vista took all the changes and installed the needed drivers without issue.

I wish I knew that before. I already ordered vista 64-bit, it's all good though. I never used 64-bit before, so I get to try something new.

Anyhow I'm super excited to rebuild my computer. My new rebuild will look like this...

-EVGA 680i SLI Mobo
-E8400 3.0GHz Core 2 Duo :)
-TuniqTower 120
-x2 WD 500GB HDD's in RAID 0
-WD 250GB HDD
-620W Corsair PSU
-x4 1GB DDR2 800MHz Corsair XMS2
-EVGA 9800GTX Superclocked 770/2300
-ASUS DVD/CD Burner
-ASUS DVD Reader
-Antec900 Case

After this build, I'm hopping to get a couple years out of it again before I build a brand new one. I cannot wait to OC this baby, it shall be fun. I just want 4GHz out of the processor. I'll keep you all updated with the build. TY

Back
Top Bottom