Bottlenecking CPU and GPU?

PCNoob2

Daemon Poster
I have an AMD 64 3700+ and I'm wondering what the most powerful graphics card I could get for my machine that would not bottleneck with this processor or not be used to it's full potential.

I have a 7600GT right now if that helps.

thanks

Well, at the minute CPU's are going down in the priority list of gaming performance...I would say it wouldn't bottleneck the system much, even with a top of the line card such as the 8800....But looking at those specs, your 430watter PSU probably wouldn't come near supporting the 8800 card.

Matt

You wouldnt be getting the full performance benefit from the 8800 if u used it on ur cpu i dont think, could be wrong. Also if you're willing to spend a lot on a gfx might be worth upgrading cpu if ur after top notch gaming performance. My card would work a lot better with a core duo. 3dmark gets 8200 with a core duo id be looking at ( a decent core duo ) around 11-12k.

Actually, the bottlenecking won't really happen. If you plan to d ointense gaming, like Crysis game, then your CPU might be topped out from that 800MHZ HTT.

Back
Top Bottom