Both Intel and AMD Struggling...

dude_56013

Fully Optimized
I usually never go to Tom's Hardware, but I was bored and ended up seeing these two things. I thought I'd post them because someone (I can't remember who) said something about layoffs...that they would rather buy from Intel because they weren't laying off people and yada yada versus AMD.

So just some food for thought:

AMD

INTEL

Indeed. It's pretty pathetic if I do say so. I was not a fan of Bush, so I'm hoping Obama will at least try something new. Whether it works or not, who knows, but we've got to try something. Everyone in the world pretty much hates us and I don't blame them one bit.

It's not any big surprize seeing both announcing layoffs. The Big3 auto makers as well as other large corporations have been doing the same for quite some time now. As far as Obama he was trying to get a new relief package passed with resistance seen by Republicans early this week.

ive been doing really good
i work for a piercing/ clothing store in a pretty wealthy town and even tho sales ill say have dropped 10-15% were doing pretty well
personally im doing great making good money between that, fixing computers, hacking iphones and psps even shoveled and made 200 bucks today.

ive been doing really good
i work for a piercing/ clothing store in a pretty wealthy town and even tho sales ill say have dropped 10-15% were doing pretty well
personally im doing great making good money between that, fixing computers, hacking iphones and psps even shoveled and made 200 bucks today.

I'm going to say that I'm kind of in the same boat. I can tell that my spending is down (even though I just splurged on a new plasma and PC parts) but I've been making more. I made about $150 on computer repairs in the TINY town I live in just this past week (pop. of about 3500 people)...it's a lot better than I usually do. Probably because people are saving and having things repaired rather than buying new.

Spending has been a little here due to the holiday expenses more then anything. But while I haven't been effected some close friends are presently stuck without work in their field.

(try getting into a new trade after being dislocated after some 20yrs. in another)

the world economy as a whole is over inflated and doing really crappy...but personally im not doing tooo bad right now, ill let you know in a couple weeks/months as I try to get a job since im graduation in June...luckily though there should always be a need for electrical engineers....

Back
Top Bottom