Bored - Who wants to help!?

Ok. So I'm kind of bored with my computer (yes, already). I love messing around and changing stuff, however I don't have money for hardware upgrades. I was wondering if there's any interesting software modding or free hardward modding that I could do. The only catch is that I don't want any warranties voided. I've already set up fan controllers for my graphics card. I've set up a local network aroud the house to share printer and files. I've played with photoshop, got bored pretty quickly. I've set up filters for my e-mail. I've done pretty much anything that needs to be done as far as organization goes. Games aren't really cutting it either. I'm to the point where I can beat a freecell game pretty darn quickly. I have homework to do and such, but sometimes I want a break, and there's nothing to do with that break time.

So help!

Start playing WoW :) Soon ul have no free time to spare hehehe

But on the serious note, do some benches or something maybe download "HD Tune Pro" and compare ur hdd speed..etc to others. Download music/vids from kazaa or something. Download "UltimateDefrag 2008" and defrag ur PC (actually makes it faster with this one)

Cheers

I like the UltimateDefrag idea. I might actually do that. Sorry if I wasn't specific, it was hard to word this correctly, but I think I got it now: What I want, is some intricate modification (such as in the Services) that would allow me to optimize the computer for certain needs. And the reason I say intricate, is because I'd like it to be somewhat like OverClocking, where it is time consuming (trial and error) and where you must concentrate (not half-ass it). If there aren't such things, I guess I'll stick with photoshop and other things.

you can research on some computer parts on what your next purchase should be.
Thats what i do, i just go on google and find benchmarks for graphics card, CPU, HSF, mobo, etc.

Back
Top Bottom