Booting up for first time problem!

showcivic17

Baseband Member
hey, i just built my second computer and this is the first time im using the raid setup, first of all i have everything setup right for raid. i have a raid array 0 that is in the JBOD form and it say bootable-functionable and on spanning.. so then in bios i enabled raid and i made my cdrom first priority for boot up. i place the windows xp cd in the cd-rom and it starts up then it says please select proper boot device or place boot media in selected device.....

so i made my cdrom 1st boot priority, had the cd in.. same message. then i made my floppy 1st boot priority and put a boot floppy disk in... same message.

i dont get it, my MoBo detects my HDDs and my cdrom but it jus wont work any help? it would be very appreciated thanks

also one is setup to be master the other HDD is setup for slave, should i have em both as master?

they both arent unless i missed somethin, i put the pins so one is master and plugged black conector into it, then the other i put the pins so its slave and put the grey connector into it

NVM PPLL, Its all good!! :) made a few changes and it worked, hm dont kno if it had to do with me makin my HDD second priority or if it had to do with somethin i changed with cd-rom? well neways im happy! peace all

Back
Top Bottom