Booting up (first time)

russell1423

Baseband Member
Hey I was wondering, I am almost finished building my new gaming rig (first time making my own). And was wondering. When i first boot it up, do I put in the vista start up disc? Cause some people were saying stuff about BIOS but im not sure. Any help or tip wouild be appreciated.

Yes. I think that if you don't have anything off the disk to boot from it will automatically go to the CD/DVD drive. If I'm wrong, then turn off, turn on, go to BIOS, change boot order, and pop the disc in.

So, if I just put in vista disc I will be fine? Or do I have to go to BIOS and change boot order.

I'm not sure if it will work like I said. I know it works 100% if you change boot order. You can change the boot order back again once you have it installed.

if your HDD, and Optical drives are on SATA, its best to put the optical drive one SATA slot one (SATA0), and the HDD on SATA slot two (SATA1). not sure if those sata names are the same for you.
But if your Optical is an IDE, i believe IDE will boot before SATA, so you wont have to change it.
But if they are both IDE, then put the Optical on the IDE1, and the HDD one the IDE2.
If they are not in order, then theres a chance you will have to configure the boot configuration in BIOS.
Not sure if this is like for most people, but most computers i worked with is like this.

it actually isnt.

im thinking that your things should be sata since its recently built right?
well, look at the manual to see where it says the first sata slot, and put the CD/DVD drive there, and the HDD on the next slot.

unless you got an IDE CD/DVD, then nothing should need to be changed.

Back
Top Bottom